As the global leader in digital marketing, WSI Digital Marketing in Montreal is proud to introduce one of our network’s consultants to discuss how you can digitally transform your business in 2021. Kelly Biggs has over 20 years’ experience in sales and marketing, obtained her MBA in 2009, and has won numerous awards including Top Sales Consultant at Fortune 500 and small to medium businesses.
Here is a recap of the 45 minute presentation.
What is Digital Transformation?Digital transformation incorporates digital technology into all areas of business which results in fundamental changes to how your business operates and the value that you bring to your customers. It requires a willingness to experiment and being at ease with failure.
It is important to note that transformation is driven by customers NOT your business. You must always lead with the customer experience in mind.
Should You Digitally Transform Your Business?It might be time to digitally transform your business if you have experienced any of the following:
- Decreased (or lack of) referrals.
- Repeat business is falling off.
- Your technology feels old.
Five Ways to Digitally Transform Your BusinessEnd-to-end digital processes keep the customer in mind and should be performed concurrently and continuously.
1. Attract ProspectsInbound marketing is designed to drive prospective customers to your website using enticing content such as; keyword research, PPC, SEO, content marketing and social.
A successful inbound marketing strategy has the potential to generate high quality leads.
You can make the most of your inbound marketing strategies by:
- Building a buyer persona to fully understand your target market.
- Leveraging keyword research to increase SEO and marketability of content.
- Showing up where your customers spend their time online.
2. Convert VisitorsWhen someone visits your website the goal is to convert them into leads and ultimately into clients. This is important because conversions will improve your ROI.
There are 2 ways to convert visitors into leads:
- Traffic focused approach: increase traffic to your website to get more leads.
- Conversion focused approach: increase the conversion rate of the visitors that are already on your site.
3. Close LeadsOnce you capture your leads in the marketing or sales funnel, you want to turn them into customers. Sales and marketing automation can help you do this more effectively. The benefits of sales and marketing automation:
- Create workflows in advance and automate repeatable processes.
- Pinpoint sales and marketing KPIs to increase ROI.
- Personalize the customer experience.
- Increase sales team efficiency.
Email automation nurtures top-of-funnel leads as they move through to sales-qualified leads.
- Use an intriguing subject line.
- Personalize the content.
- Mention the purpose.
- End with a CTA.
- Focus on the reader.
CRM – customer relationship management – allows sales teams to walk leads through the sales funnel using established processes until the sale is closed (and beyond).
- Establish sales stages.
- Set weekly cadence.
- Review stalled deals.
- Evaluate data without judgement.
4. Delight CustomersYour online reputation is critical to your success. A great online reputation helps build your credibility which can generate more customers. Most businesses are not proactively managing their online reputations. Online reputation management (ORM) allows you to control online conversations about your business, because 79% of customers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations:
- Set up a process to proactively get reviews.
- Respond to all reviews within 24 hours. A bad review is an opportunity to engage.
- Measure your ratings to identify how you can improve.
5. Measure Your PerformanceMeasuring the performance of your marketing efforts is critical to your success. Here are some reasons why you should use analytics to measure your performance:
- Monitor performance for emerging trends.
- Understand clients’ acquisition, behavior, conversion.
- Set strategy.
- Identify shifts in the market.
- Measure ROI.
For more information on how you can digitally transform your business, contact our digital marketing team in Montreal today.