Our team at WSI Montreal is pleased to announce the launch of a new fully responsive website for our Client Talent 300.
Talent 300 is a West Island based talent management and talent acquisition firm that strives to meet and exceed its clients’ expectations. They are committed to understanding the wants, values and goals of both the employer and the employee.
Our client’s goal was not only to showcase the services that they have to offer but to create a website where candidates can go to seek employment, access useful resources both externally and through the Talent Talk Blog and to find information on exciting upcoming events!
The integration of HRwize, an HR recruitment tool allows Talent 300 to create job postings and embed them to the careers page of their website. This interactive tool features online application forms which make it really easy for potential candidates to apply for jobs.
The Talent Talk Blog is a place where candidates can go to find current information on a variety of topics related to career building. Blogging not only keeps Talent 300 connected to their audience it also helps improve their search engine rankings by delivering fresh new content on a regular basis. Visitors to the website can easily access the latest blog post from the feed that appears on the homepage.
From mock interviews to branding seminars, Talent 300 offers a wide range of events for their clients. The team at WSI Montreal created a page where visitors to the site can easily get information about upcoming events. Event information can also be accessed easily from the scrolling feed on the homepage.
The WSI team provided WordPress training to our client, which has taught them how to make changes to their new website and post new blogs and events with ease!
Does you small business need a website? Contact WSI Montreal today to find out more about our website design services. Already have a website? Ask us about our full range of online marketing solutions.
Good quality images are essential to your website. Not only do they create a much more immersive and enhanced experience, images help to tell your story in a way that words simply cannot.
Our brains can process and identify pictures quite literally in the blink of an eye. Text takes far longer to process and is retained for much shorter periods of time. In our fast paced, information saturated world the need to grab the attention of your audience is greater than ever and there is no better way to do that than with great visual content.
Still not convinced? Research shows that content with visuals gets 94% more views than content without. If you want your content to be successful, it needs to be seen!
Before you go grab your camera or start searching Google Images, there are a few key things that you should know in order to avoid copyright infringement.
To help you start creating amazing visual content the right way, we have created a list of the most important dos and don’ts when it comes to using images on your website.
- DO take your own photographs The images that you take belong to you, so go ahead and use them as you wish. There are however, certain exceptions regarding photographing people.
- DO NOT publish a photograph of someone without their consent. If you snap a picture of a client in your office or a patient in your clinic, make sure to get their consent either verbally or in writing before you publish their photo (example 1). In most cases, people will happily oblige but it’s better to be safe than sorry. It is OK to use a photo when a person is not the main subject of the photograph. For example: if you take a picture of a street corner and people appear walking down the sidewalk or appear in the background etc. (example 2)
- DO NOT publish other people’s photographs. If you’re searching the internet looking for that perfect image to add to your website, latest blog or social media post STOP. You cannot publish other people’s photographs without permission. It is also important to remember that giving credit to the photographer or citing the source does not negate copyright infringement. The good news is that there are plenty of resources for photographs out there, many of which are free, you just have to know where to look.
- DO use FREE stock photography websites. To most people’s surprise, there are many resources available for free, high quality stock photos that can be used for any legal purpose. Here are some of our favorite websites for free photos:
- DO purchase stock images. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for there are always stock images that you can purchase for very reasonable rates. Websites such as www.istock.com or www.shutterstock.com provide amazing search filters that allow you to find very specific images. For example; you can narrow down your search results to find images that are only a specific orientation (horizontal, vertical, square, etc.) or within a specific colour range.
- DO use Google’s advanced search filters to find images that are free to reuse. Within Google images you can filter your results to only show you images that are labeled for reuse. However, it is always recommended that you verify the source of the image even if it is labeled for reuse because there may be certain restrictions or conditions, for example: the image is free to reuse as long as a credit is given to the photographer. Follow these steps to turn on the filter in Google:
- DO NOT plead ignorance. Simply claiming that you “didn’t know” or you thought it was OK because there was no indication to think otherwise does not make you exempt from the law. When in doubt, don’t publish! If you’ve saved an image to your computer and you can’t remember where it came from, try uploading it to tineye.com a reverse image lookup that will help you find the source.
The value of using images to grab the attention of your audience is undeniable but it is important to comply with best practices. The penalties for copyright infringement are real and can be quite harsh.
Note: we are not lawyers; therefore the information provided in this article is based solely on our personal research and experience. For legal advice, please consult a legal professional.
WSI Montreal is proud to announce the launch of a new responsive website for our client Centre Dentaire Pierrefonds. CDP is a comprehensive dental clinic in Montreal’s West Island who focuses on dental care for the entire family. Combining their experience, maturity and professionalism, this skilled group of dentists offer a full spectrum of treatments in a modern and friendly environment.
We would like to thank Centre Dentaire Pierrefonds for their continued trust in our West Island marketing firm and hope that their team is as pleased with the outcome of this project as we are.
Clean, Modern Design
The goal for Centre Dentaire Pierrefonds’ new website was to provide visitors with an easy and inviting way to learn more about their clinic. Scroll through the homepage to learn a little more about Centre Dentaire Pierrefonds including information for new patients, urgent care and patient testimonials. This clean and modern website was built on the WordPress CMS platform allowing the client to easily make changes and updates as necessary.
WSI Montreal’s team of experts will also make sure that this beautiful new website can be found in Google by providing ongoing search engine optimization (SEO) and local search engine optimization.
We would like to thank Kathleen Gran for providing her exceptional copy writing and translation skills to this project.
A Fully Responsive Website Design
Centre Dentaire Pierrefonds’ fully responsive website means that visitors can easily navigate the site and learn more about what Centre Dentaire Pierrefonds has to offer through detailed descriptions of their services, procedures and dental conditions on mobile devices and tablets alike.
A Gorgeous Photo Gallery
Take a look inside the offices of Centre Dentaire Pierrefonds in their stunning photo gallery. Browsing the gallery which includes photos of the dentists, the reception area as well as treatment rooms will give visitors to the new website a feel for the clinic.
We would like to thank Kathleen Girard of Studio Kat Kennedy for the stunning photographs that she took for this project.
Testimonials are the perfect way to humanize your brand and build trust. Centre Dentaire Pierrefonds wanted to share the positive experiences of their patients so we provided two ways that they could showcase their testimonials. Kind words from their patients rotate on their home page and appear in more detail on page dedicated to testimonials.
Centre Dentaire Pierrefonds can now publish new content on a regular basis on their blog. Blogging is an important tool on any website as it helps to establish customer relationships, drives traffic to your website, establishes you as an expert in your field and helps to increase SEO by providing regular, fresh content that Google loves!
Contact WSI Montreal today to find out more about designing a new website for your small business or organization. Already have a website? Call us at (514) 693-9339 or send us an email at email@example.com to learn more about our full range of online solutions.
The homepage of a website is essentially the most important page of any website. This is the page where you make your first impression and often this first impression is deciphered in the first 3 seconds of landing on your website. The homepage is also the one page that commonly gets the bulk of your site traffic and can either encourage or discourage the visitor from turning into a lead and eventually a customer. That is why it is critical to ensure you know who you are marketing to and what it is you intend to deliver as a business and how. As such, our Montreal Web Design team has put together a list of elements we believe are critical to keep in mind when having the website of your business redesigned.
1. Headlines and sub-headlines:
The homepage of your business website should reflect the stages of the buying cycle which include:
- Awareness: when a visitor becomes aware of your product.
- Consideration: when a visitor starts evaluating solutions to their needs.
The top of your homepage will reflect the awareness stage of the buying cycle through the use of headlines and a sub-headline. Both should briefly and effectively demonstrate what it is your business does and what it has to offer for your clientele.
2. Supporting Images:
There should be high quality supporting images all throughout your website, but having such on your homepage is of primary importance. The majority of people are fairly visual. It’s crucial that you include visuals that very clearly demonstrate who it is you are and what your business has to offer. We encourage you to be authentic and choose imagery that captures emotion. Images that make your website visitors feel a positive emotion that relates to your product offered tend to further encourage the visitor to choose your product.
3. Good copy that reveals the benefits of your product or service:
As the visitor scrolls below the introductory section of your homepage that is normally within the header area, they should be able to understand the benefits in which your product or service offers and your experience level or how long you have been offering your service. This can be done by using lightweight and straightforward copy that is worded in the manner in which your clientele speaks. If you honestly demonstrate the benefits to your visitors and how long you have been offering such a service for, the chances of them going with your product and being faithful to it will be greater.
4. Show your visitors the way with links:
Your homepage should always provide your visitors with a direction to other significant features on your website. Part of your homepage should be dedicated to encouraging your visitors to click links to these important pages on your website such as products, services, blog and contact pages. It provides your visitors with the ability to easily navigate through your site and find what they are searching for. When you lead your visitors to the most important pages of your website such as the specific services or products offered using the particular keywords you are seeking to be ranked for, you’re helping Google find and rank your linked webpages accordingly.
According to Hubspot, the call to action (CTA) is the link between the regular content which the visitor is interested in and the page that persuades this visitor to turn into a potential lead. The CTA is very brief in wording, consisting of no more than 5 action oriented words. Examples of a good call-to-action include:
- Contact us today
- Make an appointment
- Get a free consultation
Based on the content you have on your homepage, there should be a couple calls-to-action on your homepage.
6. Testimonials, reviews and success stories:
Your homepage can have every critical element in the book, but what will surely grab the attention of the visitor is if the positive statements towards your product or service are supported with proof. Proof consists of reviews, testimonials and general customer success stories that are visible on the homepage. All you need is a few of your best quotes from reviews, testimonials or success stories and you should be well on your way in demonstrating credibility through such indicators of success.
7. Your most recent Blogs and articles:
You should ensure that there is a section on your website that is solely devoted to a blog. This blog demonstrates that you care for your clients and want to provide them with helpful content that will better their lives in one form or another. Blogs are also great for using keywords that elevate your websites ranking on search engines (commonly known as SEO). Displaying your three most recent blog posts towards the bottom half of your website is an excellent way in showing your clientele that you are not only qualified in what you do but that you are a thought leader in your particular industry.
8. Link to your social media accounts:
Adding links to your social media accounts won’t only help increase the chances of your clientele finding you on search engines, but it also demonstrates to visitors that you are an actively present organization. Being active on social media can help you retain your audience and can also help make sure that both your target market and search engines can find you.
Our WSI Montreal team is keen to educate our clients of the most beneficial online trends, techniques and technologies to grow their business. If you would like help achieving the perfect digital marketing mix for your business or want to know more about our Montreal web design services, contact us today.
There is no doubt that 2016 was a great year. Our WSI Digital Marketing team has worked on many great projects ranging from web design to SEO and the implementation of a Facebook contest that increased the engagement and Facebook page Likes for our client by more than 50%. We welcomed a number of new clients and further developed a rewarding relationship with our clients. It’s been a great year and we believe 2017 will be even better.
We wish you a wonderful holiday season and a prosperous new year. Click on the image above to check out this short and uplifting video by WSI World.
See you all in 2017!
Our WSI Montreal team is well equipped to apply knowledge of the most beneficial online trends, techniques and technologies to grow your business. If you would like help achieving the perfect digital marketing mix for your business or want to know more about our Montreal web design services, contact our digital marketing agency today.