Grab the Attention of your Potential Customers with These Key Homepage Components
When a visitor lands on your homepage you only have a few seconds to make a meaningful impression. In this very short period of time a visitor will decide whether to stick around and learn more about your business or if they’re headed for the back button.
For most of your visitors, your homepage will be the first page that they see. Since your homepage will receive the bulk of your website’s traffic it’s critical that this page helps to turn these potential leads into customers.
Deciding what content to put on your homepage can be a daunting task so we’ve created a list that will help guide you through the process and ensure that you make the right first impression.
- Headlines. Use clear and simple headlines that include your primary keywords at the top of the page. Use sub-headlines as brief descriptions.
- What do you do? In one or two sentences, tell your visitors exactly what you do. Summarize what services you offer or what products you sell and establish credibility by telling your audience how long you have been in existence.
- Who is your target market? Identify who your products or services are geared to.
- Why choose your company? Describe what makes you unique, different or better than the competition.
- Solutions. Explain how you can help solve a problem for your potential customers.
- Show them the way. Visitors to your website are usually looking for something. Show them the way by writing a short description about the important information that can be found on your site (our services, products, blog, specific services that you wish to highlight). Links within this text will help guide your visitors to where you want them to go.
- Highlight recent blog posts. Blogging helps to establish your business as an authority in your field. Put emphasis on the articles you’ve written or recent news that you would like to share by featuring highlights on your homepage.
- Establish trust with social proof. Customer reviews and testimonials are very persuasive because they are real. You can also include the logos of your partners or clients, list any awards or recognitions that you have received or mention the associations that you belong to.
- Eye-catching visuals. Images are an opportunity to bring your products and services to life. Use unique images to entice your visitors to explore your site further.
To help you make a great first impression, always remember to keep your text clear, simple and focused. Once you’ve grabbed your visitor’s attention, they will be more likely to stay a little longer which will increase the chances of converting these potential leads.
If you need any guidance regarding best practices for content creation, don’t hesitate to contact us.